Currently, we are facing critical economic crisis in Malaysia,:
- Malaysia’s Real GDP per capita has a negative change of 6.80% in 2020 (Source)
- Unemployment rate climbed to 4.9% in Jan 2021 with 782,500 unemployment. (Source)
“Working women are a boon for the economy(Source)”. Our OC Chamy, as a mother of 2 lovely children, felt uneasy to maintain high performance in career while raising her kids with much love and care. Unfortunately her career was badly affected due to falling into a serious depression during her 2nd pregnancy. Therefore, she was inspired to take up the challenge to organize NECC to empower women entrepreneurs for betterment in lives.
Furthermore, the team has conducted surveys and needs analysis on 125 women entrepreneurs to identify their challenges and the real root causes. The results are:
- Major challenges:
- 64.8%-Emotional pressure
- 56% – Lack of Business Network
- 55.2% – Lack of Funding
- Skills to acquire:
- 80% – Sales & Marketing
- 67.2% – Image & Branding
- 64% – Digitalization
Therefore, a 120-days program of NECC-4.0 was formulated as the sustainable solution to solve the root causes of women entrepreneurs’ challenges and creates positive economical impacts on the nation and committed to align with UNSD-Goal-8.
Project Result(s) / Impact(s)
We have successfully attracted 10 women entrepreneurs to participate in NECC-4.0 and contributed in 3 Targets under UNSD-Goal-8:
- 8.1 – Contributed in nation economic growth through revenue generated and jobs created
- 8.2 – Participants achieved improved business productivity through digitalization and implementation of Standard-Operating-Procedures
- 8.3 – Encourage SME businesses to build a sustainable business growth
Throughout the 120-days program, positive impacts are created upon 4 key business areas:
- Business & Financial
- Sought clarity in business vision & mission
- Discovered business strengths and weaknesses
- Enhanced financial management skills through comprehensive budgeting
- Sales & Marketing
- Boosting sales through multiple online platforms and utilized zero-budget marketing strategies
- Expanded business network
- Created new collaboration and cross-selling opportunities
- Advanced personal branding and image
- Generated untapped and profound revenue streams
- Process Improvement and digitalization
- Successfully structured internal processes through implementation of robust Standard-Operating-Procedures
- Adoption of latest technologies towards improved efficiencies
- Stress Management & Emotional Resilience
- Enhanced mental strength and self-confidence
- Sharpened time management skills
- Built a strong support group
As a result, NECC-4.0 has created economic impact of RM 2,269,994:
|New revenue generated||RM544,650|
|Job created||33 (RM1,232,400/year)|
The tagline for United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) is “Leaving No One Behind”. Please explain how the nominated project helps to realize and advance the commitment of UNSDGs for the future. Highlight any other SDG(s) that your project has directly or indirectly created positive impact to people and society
NECC-4.0 served as a platform to advance UNSD-Goal-8 practically by providing development opportunities for community and our members, and empower them to create positive impacts through the following methods:-
- EMPOWER relevant core competency skills for youth through learning opportunities which will enable better development in their career or business.
- UNLEASH inner potential which allows participants to practice innovation and creativity in daily life.
- Prepare JCI LT members to be the FUTURE LEADERS through sharpening of their leadership, risk management, multi-tasking, communication and problem-solving skills.
- NECC-4.0 COLLABORATED and CONNECTED with different sectors of the society while maintaining a good relationship to achieving long term impact in the community.
|UNSD-Goals-8 Targets||How we realized|
|8.1 Sustain per capita economic growth in accordance with national circumstances||Created economical impacts with a total of RM 2,269,994 through revenue generation, utilizing government spending (subsidy) and job creation.|
|8.2 Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors||Executed multiple trainings and successfully encouraged participants to achieve higher levels of economic productivity through both digitalization and setup of Standard-Operating- Procedures|
|8.3 Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services||Successfully created 33 jobs within SMEs and encouraged innovation and creativity in building sustainable business|
UNSDGs’ tagline of Leaving No One Behind (LNOB) is the value we treasured. To encourage equalities and reduce discrimination, we will provide equal development opportunities to women entrepreneurs.
|UNSD-Goals||Targets we have achieved|
|UNSD-Goal-5 Gender Equality||5.5 – provided participants with effective participation and equal opportunities throughout the program, sharpening their leadership skills in both business and personal life|
|To Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls||5.b – Enhanced the use of technology by being equipped the participants with the latest technology to grow businesses|
|UNSD-Goal-4 Quality EducationEnsure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all||4.3 – provided learning opportunities to women to affordable and quality technical education. The actual value of the NECC-4.0 program is worth RM7,230 but we are only selling it at RM450/pax.4.4 – Our program is designed to improve entrepreneurship skills for targeted youth for the age ranging from 18-40 years old.|
Another example of LNOB, our target participants are within the age of 18-40 years old but we accepted one participant aged 50+ because we believe that we should provide development opportunities to anyone who is keen to learn.
Other than UNSD-Goal-8, we have created positive impacts to our community with 2 additional UNSD-Goals:
As a conclusion, NECC-4.0 is the 4th year JCI LT has organized it and we will advance the commitment of UNSD-Goal-8 and other goals to magnify the positive impacts created to the people and our beloved nation. Let’s fight together to pull through these tough times.