Indonesia & Global
Mobile app to empower citizens globally with a voice to help improve the cities they live in. Game changer to how governments and private enterprises receive feedbacks (compliments, suggestions and complains) that are location based with photo or video support. Once feedbacks are received, they monitor it via a customized geospatial dashboard and respond accordingly using a traffic light monitoring concept. QLUE help governments build closer relationships with the citizens paired with accountability, analytics, data, efficiency, empathy, performance indicators, transparency and sustainability.
Since our launch in 2016, we have accumulated over 500,000 users who submit thousands of reports each day. These reports have led to changes and improvements in their cities for example, in the one and a half years our app has been available, operational costs for the government of Jakarta has decreased by 35%, flood spots have reduced from 2000 to just 88, sanitation problems has reduced by 18%, and a survey for satisfaction on governments performance has increased by 27%. Enforcement agencies are now part of our solution as we operate from 2 major countries and moving to the rest of APAC.
How did this project create impact to the employees/ volunteers?
QLUE provides an avenue for their employees, a mix of tech veterans and newcomers, to acquire and harness professional skills while contributing to society. Passion and the drive to help communities are the backbone of the team values and with the success of each city, they are even more determined to work and take on the rest of the world.
What impact has this project created in the community / nation?
- 500,000 users with thousands of reports daily.
- Reductions in OPEX for the government of Jakarta by 35%.
- Reduction in sanitation issues by 18%, chronic flood spots from 2000 to 88.
- Jakarta citizen’s happiness index increased by 34%.
- Accountability by stakeholders with improved efficiency whilst incompetency were dealt with.
- Transparency in the government system.
Who were the partners in this project and what their roles?
We partnered with PT. Performa Qlue Indonesia, an Indonesian smart city solution start-up based in Jakarta and with that the launch of a civic engagement app called QLUE to the rest of the world.
How was this project help to advance the chosen SDG?
- Empowering citizens to participate in the development of their communities and their cities.
- Governments adapt to technological trends.
- A civic engagement app that initiate the people’s desire to be involved in good governance.
- APAC cities are looking at our solutions to be deployed in their cities due to the expertise and experience.